Got out of college? Confused in selecting the right job? If so then you are not alone. Choosing a career path is most difficult and confusing riddle for all of us. Mostly we receive advice from others to “follow your passion” or “Do what you love”, but as Cal Newport argues in So Good They Can’t Ignore You, this is not very useful advice. Everyone wants to get a job that will make us happy; research says that humans are bad at predicting how they will feel when doing something in the future. Many people took up certain jobs saying that this would make me happy and ended up hating the job.
Table of The Page Contents
If Passion and expected Happiness can’t be your guides, what can be?
Experts say that one can actually start by choosing a career that will suit their skills and values. As they have an idea about what they are, it is also essential that you select a job that provides motivation to you. Experts believe in 3keys to finding the right job.
- Understanding your aptitude
- Identifying your interests
- Finding the opportunities.
Understanding your aptitude:
One can easily develop a set of skills, while he can struggle to develop others. It is essential to identify your particular talent that can help you get a job. It is easy to access your basic job skills, you just need to read the job description carefully and mould yourself according to the employers needs. Everyone can use advantage of their competitive skills to get hired.
Identifying your interest:
It is good to do what you love at work but you might not be good at what you love and that may lead to complication. Interests are relative to your experience and your interest change according to the experience that you gather from your years of life. They are important in choosing a career and this might affect your choice in jobs. This is important in selecting a career as it directs how you apply your natural aptitude.
Finding the opportunities:
The market place is constantly changing on every level, it necessary that we adapt to the changing market place and take a right decision. We might be 18 or 50 while we choose to work on a particular job, it is essential to analyze whether the market at that field is rising or going down and what are the job opportunities in that market.
People who are looking to invest on a particular career should look at long term views on how the market will be after 10 years from now, how will be the growth of the market will it sustain.
Keys to satisfying work:
Experts in various fields have come up with some key points towards achieving satisfying work.
- Don’t be too specific, just go in general
- Mixing your passion with your talents and skills
- Pursuing a job that can foster learning
- Integrating social responsibilities
- Creating positive environment
Passion and determination is unstoppable:
It is necessary to understand that you are not trapped in a particular line of work. Making major changes in your life needs great courage and it is up to you to decide your life changing career. When you get your passion with your skills and determination there is no one stopping you from success.
“Success never comes you go to it- Marva Collins”
Other Recruitment Announcements :
- Tamil Nadu State Disaster Management Agency recent announcement the vacancies for “Agricultural Expert” – Job Location “Tamilnadu”
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India recruiting is hiring the vacancies for “Research Associate job” – Job Location “All Over India”
- Chhattisgarh Forest Department “CG Recruitment” has announced vacancies for “CG Forest Posts” – Job Location “Chhattisgarh”
- Walk-in-interview for TVS Training & Services Ltd – Job Location “Chennai”
- US advertising and marketing services industry
- How I made 2Lakhs to 3300Crore on Teaching
- 10 Trending jobs of the Decade
- The Right Path Leads to the Right Job
- CSIR UGC NET Exam 2018 has announced the vacancies for “JRF, Lecturer Posts” – Job Location “All Over India”
- “SSC MTS Recruitment” is hiring the vacancies for “Multi Tasking Posts” – Work place “All Over India”