Tamil Nadu Agricultural University (TNAU) is recruiting Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Professor Posts for filling up vacancies of 43 posts. Aspirants may apply for the posts till 20.10.2017. Details about the recruitment, eligibility criteria, application method and fee, selection procedure and other important aspects are discussed below.
Please read announcement fully for the complete details of this recruitment news at inHurryJob.com page.
Highlights of the Recruitment
Name of Post : Professor – 05 Posts
Educational Qualification : A Candidate with Ph.D. qualification(s) in the concerned / relevant discipline and published work of high quality, with a minimum of 10 publications as books and/or research/policy papers, of which at least five papers in refereed journals in the previous cadre. A Master’s degree with at least 55% marks or equivalent. A minimum of ten years of experience in teaching/ research/ extension in university/college or accredited Research Institutions including experience of guiding candidates for research, in the cadre of Assistant Professor and above, with at least two years of experience in the Associate Professor cadre or equivalent. A minimum score as stipulated in the academic performance Indicator (API) based Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS) set out in the UGC guidelines communicated by the ICAR.
Pay Scale : Rs.37400-67000 + Grade Pay Rs.10000/-
Name of Post : Associate Professor – 10 Posts
Educational Qualification : A Master’s degree in the relevant subject with a minimum OGPA of 3.20/4.00 (under 4 point grading system) or 7.00 / 10.00 (under 10 point grading system) or its equivalent grade in the State Agricultural Universities (SAUs) / ICAR Institutes/ Government and other recognized Agricultural Institutes irrespective of community is essential with good academic records. The candidate should possess the basic degree in the concerned Faculty from any State Agricultural University (SAUs) / ICAR / Government Institutions. The candidates should enclose the proof for the conversion of Grade Points/ class obtained to percentage of marks. NET is compulsory along with one publication in NAAS (National Academy of Agricultural Sciences, New Delhi) rated refereed journal for recruitment to the post of Assistant Professor and equivalent in the disciplines in which NET is conducted.
Pay Scale : Rs. 15600-39100 + Grade Pay Rs.6000/-
Name of Post : Assistant Professor – 28 Posts
Educational Qualification : A candidate with a Ph.D. Degree in the concerned / relevant disciplines. A Master’s degree with at least 55% marks or equivalent (or an equivalent grade in point scale wherever grading system is followed). A minimum of five publications as books or research/policy papers of which at least three papers in refereed journals in the cadre of Assistant Professor. A minimum of eight years of experience in teaching/research/ extension in the cadre of Assistant Professor or in an academic/research/extension in University or College or accredited Research Institution in the cadre of Assistant Professor. A minimum score as stipulated in the academic performance Indicator (API) based Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS) set out in the UGC guidelines communicated by the ICAR
Pay Scale : Rs. 37400-67000 + Grade Pay Rs.9000/-
Job Location : Tamilnadu
Age Limit : Candidate’s Age Limit (For OC Candidates – not exceed 30 Years), (For BC / BCM / MBC / DNC / SC / SCA / ST Candidate – No maximum age limit). Candidates Relaxation in Upper Age limit will be provided as per Govt. Rules.
Application Fee : A crossed demand draft for Rs.1000/- (for SC, SCA and ST candidates : Rs.750/-)
Selection Procedure : Candidates will be selected based on Short Listing, Interview
How to Apply :
- Log on to TNAUCareersPage at official website to www.tnau.ac.in
- Eligible candidates are advised toopenNotification & Application Form
- Read the Advertisement carefully to be sure about youreligibility
- Take a print out ofapplication form
- Fill your Academic Qualification & Other Related Information as per the instructions
- Ensure the information provided is correct & Make Payments
- The candidates are requested to submit applicationsin triplicate along with attested passport size photograph and certificates. The applications should be filled in the prescribed format shall have to reach the before 5.00 pm on 20.10.2017. Defective and incomplete applications and those with wrong or false information will be rejected. The University will not be responsible for the postal delay. The envelopes containing the filled in applications should be superscribed as
- The Registrar,
Tamil Nadu Agricultural University,
Coimbatore – 641 003
Important Dates :
- Starting Date for Application : 27.09.2017
- Last date for Application : 20.10.2017
Important Links :
Previous (TNAU) Recruitment Announcement
Highlights of the Recruitment :Name of Post : Field Assistant
- Madurai - 02
- Aruppukkottai - 02
- Sirugamani - 02
- Sandhiyur - 02
- The Director (Extension Education) TNAU,
- Date of Walk in Interview: 09.10.2017 10.00 A.M
- Official Notification : Click Here to Download