Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) invites on-line applications for appointment in following Motor Vehicle Inspector posts. Candidates are requested to apply on-line through Official website. The last date for submission of Online applications is 13.03.2018. Candidates will have to apply before carefully reading the advertisement regarding the process of examinations and interview.
The rule of reservation of appointments is applicable for this recruitment and the Distribution of vacancies will be announced later after receipt of orders from the Government regarding
identification of suitable categories of Differently Abled persons towards 4% of reservation for this post.
Highlights of the Recruitment
Name of Post : Motor Vehicle Inspector, Grade-II (Post Code 2119)
Total No of Vacancies : 113 posts
Job Location : Tamilnadu
Educational Qualification : Any one of the following Qualifications awarded by the State Board of Technical Education and Training, Tamil Nadu A Diploma in Automobile Engineering (3 years Course) Or A Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (3 years Course)
- Experience of having worked for a period of not less than one year both on vehicles fitted with Petrol Engines and Vehicles fitted with Diesel Engines on a full time basis in an Automobile workshop which undertakes repairs of Light Motor Vehicles, Heavy Goods Vehicles and Heavy Passenger Motor Vehicles.
- Must hold a valid driving licence authorising him to drive Motor Cycle, Heavy Goods Vehicles and Heavy Passenger Motor Vehicles.
- Must have experience in driving Heavy Transport Vehicles for a Period of not less than six months after obtaining the licence referred to above.
Note : Provided that other things being equal, preference shall be given to those who possess Post Diploma in Automobile Engineering awarded by the State Board of Technical Education and Training, Tamil Nadu.
Age Limit :
- For SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs, BCMs and Destitute Widows of all castes – Minimum Age 21 Years (should have completed), No maximum age limit
- For ‘Others’ [i.e. applicants not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs and BCMs] – Minimum Age 21 Years (should have completed), Maximum Age Should not have completed 32 Years.
- Note ‘Others’ [i.e., Applicants not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs and BCMs] who have put in 5 years and more of service in the State / Central Government are not eligible to apply even if they are within the age limit.
Pay Scale : Rs.35900- 113500/-
Application Fee :
- Registration Fee – Rs.150/-
- Note Applicants who have already registered in One Time Registration system within the validity period.(One–Time Registration is only to avail exemption for Registration fee for a period of 5 years from the date of registration and it will not be considered as prescribed examination fee for this recruitment)
- Examination Fee – Rs.150/-
Selection Procedure : Candidates will be selected based on Written Exam, Oral Test in the form of an interview.
How to Apply :
- Log on to TNPSCCareersPage at official website to www.tnpsc.gov.in
- Eligible candidates are advised toopenNotification
- Read the Advertisement carefully to be sure about your eligibility
- Click on the linkNew Registration
- Fill your Academic Qualification & Other Related Information as per the instructions
- Ensure the information provided is correct
- Submit the application & Make Payments
- Take a print out ofTNPSCRecruitment 2018 online application form
- Applicants are required to submit along with the print out ofonline application, copies of certificates in support of their claims regarding Age, Educational qualifications, Driving licence, Experience, Preferential qualification, Physical qualification, Community certificate and Certificates regarding their physical disability and all other required copies of documents (as mentioned in Annexure-IV) on or before 25.03.2018 without fail. The applicants applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. Their admission at all the stages of examination for which they are admitted by the Commission viz. Main Written Examination, Certificate verification and Oral Test will be purely provisional, subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. If on verification at any time before or after Main Written Examination, Certificate Verification and Oral Test, it is found that they do not fulfil any of the eligibility conditions, their candidature for the recruitment will be liable for rejection / cancellation by the Commission.
Important Dates :
- Starting Date for Application : 14.02.2018
- Last date for Application : 13.03.2018
- Last date for payment of Examination Fee through Bank (State Bank of India or Indian Bank): 15.03.2018
- Last date for submission of attested copies of documents along with print out of online application: 25.03.2018
- Date of Examination: 10.06.2018 FN & AN
Important Links :
For more details read the official website – www.tnpsc.gov.in