Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) invites online applications for appointment in following Civil Judge posts. Candidates are requested to apply online through Official website. The last date for submission of Online applications is 07.05.2018. Candidates will have to apply before carefully reading the advertisement regarding the process of examinations and interview.
Online applications are invited in the prescribed format for direct recruitment to the post ofCivil Judge in the Tamil Nadu State Judicial Service as per the provisions prescribed under the Tamil Nadu State Judicial Service (Cadre and Recruitment) Rules 2007 as amended [hereinafter referred to as ‘the Rules’].
Highlights of the Recruitment
Name of Post : Civil Judge (Post Code. 2089)
Total No of Vacancies : 320 posts
Job Location : Tamilnadu
Educational Qualification :
- PractisingAdvocates/ Pleaders and Assistant Public Prosecutors: Must possess a Degree in Law of a University in India established or incorporated by or under a Central Act or a StateAct or an Institution recognized by the University GrantsCommission, or any other equivalent qualification and enrolled in the Bar Council of Tamil Nadu or in the Bar Council of any other State in India
Must be practicing as an Advocate or Pleader in any Court on the date of Notification for recruitment to the post and must have so practiced for a period of not less than 3 years on such date.
- Fresh Law Graduates: Must be an Assistant Public Prosecutor having not less than 3 years of experience as an Advocate and/or Assistant PublicProsecutor.
Must be a fresh Law Graduate possessing a degree in Law from a recognized University as mentioned in Clause-I (i) above,
Must be eligible to be enrolled as an advocate.Must have secured an overall percentage of marks in acquiring the Bachelor’s Degree of Law as below:-
(a) 45% Marks in case of Reserved Categories (i.e SCs,
SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs(OBCMs) and BCMs).
(b) 50% Marks in case of Open Category (i.e Others).
Must have obtained the Bachelor’s Degree of Law within a
period of three years prior to the date of notification.
Age Limit :
- For SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs, BCMs and Destitute Widows of all castes – Minimum Age 25 Years (should have completed), maximum age limit – 40 years
- For ‘Others’ [i.e. applicants not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs and BCMs] – Minimum Age 25 Years (should have completed), Maximum Age Should not have completed 35 Years.
- Note ‘Others’ [i.e., Applicants not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs and BCMs] who have put in 5 years and more of service in the State / Central Government are not eligible to apply even if they are within the age limit.
Pay Scale : Rs.5200-20200 + GP 2400/-
Application Fee :
- Registration Fee – Rs.150/-
- Note Applicants who have already registered in One Time Registration system within the validity period.(One–Time Registration is only to avail exemption for Registration fee for a period of 5 years from the date of registration and it will not be considered as prescribed examination fee for this recruitment)
- Examination Fee – Rs.500/-
Selection Procedure : Candidates will be selected based on Written Exam, Oral Test in the form of an interview.
How to Apply :
- Log on to TNPSC Careers Page at official website to www.tnpsc.gov.in
- Eligible candidates are advised toopenNotification
- Read the Advertisement carefully to be sure about your eligibility
- Click on the link New Registration
- Fill your Academic Qualification & Other Related Information as per the instructions
- Ensure the information provided is correct
- Submit the application & Make Payments
- Take a print out of TNPSC Recruitment 2018 online application form
Important Dates :
- Starting Date for Application : 09.04.2018
- Last date for Application : 07.05.2018
- Last date for payment of fee through Bank(State Bank of India or Indian Bank) : 09.05.2018
Important Links :
For more details read the official website – www.tnpsc.gov.in