Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) College Librarian, Assistant Librarian and Information Officer Jobs Notification 2017 Released. TNPSC invites on-line applications for appointment in following College Librarian, Assistant Librarian and Information Officer Posts in Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission. Candidates will have to apply before carefully reading the advertisement regarding the process of examinations and interview.
Highlights of the Recruitment
Name of Post : College Librarian in Government Arts and Science Colleges. (Post Code No. 3004) – 21
Educational Qualification : Master’s degree in Library Science or Information Science or Documentation Science or an equivalent professional degree with not less than fifty five percentage of marks or its equivalent grade, where grading system is practiced and a consistently good academic record with knowledge on computerization of Library; and Pass in the National Eligibility Test (NET) or other accredited test like State Level Eligibility Test (SET) in Library Science conducted for the purpose by the University Grants Commission or any other agency approved by the University Grants Commission. “Provided that a person who is or has been awarded a Ph.D. Degree through a process of admission, registration, course work and external evaluation as laid down in the University Grants Commission (Minimum standards and procedure for award of Ph.D Degree) Regulation 2009, is exempted from passing the above tests”.(Refer item above)
Pay Scale : Rs. 15600 – 39100 + Grade pay Rs.6000/- p.m
Name of Post : District Library Officer (Post Code No. 3019) – 09
Educational Qualification : A Master’s degree in Arts and Science. A Master’s degree in Library Science. AND Experience for a period of not less than three years in any of the Libraries in a Supervisory cadre.
Pay Scale : Rs. 15600 – 39100 + Grade pay Rs.5400/- p.m.
Name of Post : Assistant Librarian and Information Officer for Anna Centenary Library in Public Libraries Department (Post Code No. 3020) – 03
Educational Qualification : A Master’s degree of a University recognized by the University Grants Commission and A Master’s Degree in Library Science or Library and Information Science of a University recognized by the University Grants Commission.
Pay Scale : Rs. 9300 – 34800 + Grade pay Rs.4700/- p.m.
Total No of Vacancies : 33 posts
Job Location : Tamilnadu
Age Limit :
- SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BC(OBCM)s, BCMs and Destitute Widows of all Castes – Maximum Age for all posts No Age limit.
- ‘Others’ [i.e. applicants not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BC(OBCM)s and BCMs] – Maximum Age For College Librarian and District Library Officer 35 Years (should not have completed), For Assistant Librarian and Information officer 30 years(should not have completed)
Application Fee :
Registration Fee – Rs.150/ – For One Time Registration (Revised with effect from 01.03.2017 vide G.O.(Ms).No.32, Personnel and Administrative Reforms (M) Department, dated 01.03.2017). Note Applicants who have already registered in One Time Registration system within the validity period of 5 years are exempted.
Examination Fee – Rs.200/ – For Examination Note The Examination fee should be paid at the time of submitting the online application for this recruitment if they are not eligible for the concession noted below.
Selection Procedure : Candidates will be selected based on Written Exam, Interview.
How to Apply :
- Log on to TNPSC Careers Page at official website to www.tnpsc.gov.in
- Eligible candidates are advised to open Notification
- Read the Advertisement carefully to be sure about your eligibility
- Click on the link New Registration
- Fill your Academic Qualification & Other Related Information as per the instructions
- Ensure the information provided is correct
- Submit the application & Make Payments
- Take a print out of TNPSC Recruitment 2017 online application form
Important Dates :
- Starting Date for Application : 21.11.2017
- Last date for Application : 20.12.2017
- Date of Examination : 22.12.2017
Important Links :
For more details read the official website – www.tnpsc.gov.in