Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) invites online applications for appointment in following Indian Forest Service Exam posts. Candidates are requested to apply online through Official website. The last date for submission of Online applications is 06.03.2018. Candidates will have to apply before carefully reading the advertisement regarding the process of examinations and interview.
Highlights of the Recruitment
Name of Post : Indian Forest Service Exam
Total No of Vacancies : 110 posts
Job Location : All Over India
Educational Qualification :
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.
- Candidates who have appeared at an examination the passing of which would render them educationally qualified for the Commission’s examination but have not been informed of the results as also the candidates who intend to appear at such a qualifying examination will also be eligible for admission to the Preliminary Examination. All candidates who are declared qualified by the Commission for taking the Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination will be required to produce proof of passing the requisite examination with their application for the Main Examination failing which such candidates will not be admitted to the Indian Forest Service Main Examination. The applications for the Main Examination will be called sometime in the month of July/August, 2018 through on-line mode.
- In addition, the candidates who possess qualification equivalent to those specified in Rule 7 will be required to produce a certificate from University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of the Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 clarifying that the degree is at par with the Bachelor’s degree specified in Rule 7 along with their application for the Main Examination failing which such candidate will not be admitted to the Main Examination.
- In exceptional cases the Union Public Service Commission may treat a candidate who has not any of the foregoing qualifications as a qualified candidate provided that he/she has passed examination conducted by the other Institutions, the standard of which in the opinion of the Commission justifies his/her admission to the examination.
Age Limit : A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on 1st August, 2018, i.e. he must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1986 and not later than 1st August, 1997. The Upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ST; 3 years for OBC, 10 Years for Persons with Disabilities (15 years for SC/ST PWD’s & 13 years for OBC PWD’s)
Application Fee : Candidates applying (excepting Female/SC/ST/PH candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) for Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination are required to pay a fee of Rs.100/- (Rupees One Hundred only) either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or by using Visa/Master/RuPay Credit/Debit card.
Selection Procedure :
- Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination (Objective type) for the selection of candidates for the Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination; and
- Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination (Written and Interview) for the selection of candidates for the Indian Forest Service.
How to Apply :
- Log on to UPSC Careers Page at official website to www.upsc.gov.in
- Eligible candidates are advised to open Notification
- Read the Advertisement carefully to be sure about your eligibility
- Click on the link New Registration
- Fill your Academic Qualification & Other Related Information as per the instructions
- Ensure the information provided is correct
- Submit the application & Make Payments
- Take a print out of UPSC Recruitment 2018 online application form
Important Dates :
- Starting Date for Application : 07.02.2018
- Last date for Application : 06.03.2018
- Date of Main Examination : December, 2018
- Date of Preliminary Examination : 3rd June, 2018
Important Links :
For more details read the official website – www.upsc.gov.in