Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) invites online applications for appointment in following CGS & Geologist post in Union Public Service Commission. Candidates are requested to apply online through the Official website. The last date for submission of Online applications is 16.04.2018. Candidates will have to apply before carefully reading the advertisement regarding the process of examinations and interview.
Highlights of the Recruitment
Name of Post :
Category I: (Posts in the Geological Survey of India, Ministry of Mines)
- Geologist, Group A – 24 Posts
- Geophysicist, Group A – 17 Posts
- Chemist. Group A – 06 Posts
Category II: (Posts in the Central Ground Water Board, Ministry of Water Resources)
- Junior Hydrogeologists (Scientist B), Group A – 23 Posts
Total No of Vacancies : 70 posts
Job Location : All Over India
Educational Qualification :
- Master’s degree in Geological Science or Geology or Applied Geology or Geo-Exploration or Mineral Exploration or Engineering Geology or Marine Geology or Earth Science and Resource Management or Oceanography and Coastal Areas Studies or Petroleum Geo sciences or Petroleum Exploration or Geo chemistry or Geological Technology or Geophysical Technology from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or an educational institution established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed university under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 (3 of 1956)
- M.Sc. in Physics or Applied Physics or M.Sc. (Geophysics) or Integrated M.Sc. (Exploration Geophysics) or M.Sc (Applied Geophysics) or M.Sc. (Marine Geophysics) Or M.Sc. (Tech.) (Applied Geophysics) from a University incorporated by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature in India or other educational institutes established by an Act of the Parliament or declared to be deemed universities under the University Grants Commission Act, 1956.
- M. Sc. in Chemistry or Applied Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry from a University incorporated by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature or other educational Institutes established by an Act of the Parliament or declared to be deemed Universities under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 i.e. recognized University.
- Master’s degree in Geology or Applied Geology or Marine Geology from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational Institutes established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956; or
Age Limit : The Upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ST; 3 years for OBC, 10 Years for Persons with Disabilities (15 years for SC/ST PWD’s & 13 years for OBC PWD’s)
Application Fee : Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST/PWD who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs.200/-(Rupees Two Hundred Only) either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or by using Visa/Master/RuPay Credit/Debit Card.
Selection Procedure : Candidates will be selected based on Written Exam, Interview/ Personality Test.
How to Apply :
- Log on to UPSC Careers Page at the official website to www.upsc.gov.in
- Eligible candidates are advised to open Notification
- Read the Advertisement carefully to be sure about your eligibility
- Click on the link New Registration
- Fill your Academic Qualification & Other Related Information as per the instructions
- Ensure the information provided is correct
- Submit the application & Make Payments
- Take a print out of UPSC Recruitment 2018 online application form
Important Dates :
- Starting Date for Application : 21.03.2018
- Last date for Application : 16.04.2018
Important Links :
For more details read the official website – www.upsconline.nic.in